Online guitar lessons provide the beginning guitarist a very easy and cost-effective way to learn how to play the guitar. Online guitar lessons are great if you are a complete beginner to guitar and don’t know where to start. They are also great if you’ve been playing for awhile but want to get better!
However, there are many online guitar lessons to choose from, and some will be more suitable for beginners than others. It’s important that online guitar lessons are relevant to your current skill level and lay out a plan so you can progress in your learning.
I’ve found for you and reviewed what I consider the top 3 online guitar lessons out there. Check these out.
Jamorama – the Ultimate Guitar Learning Kit
- Perfect for complete beginners or intermediate guitarists
- Over 44 chapters of lessons (over 252 pages) and 400+ audio files
- Over 148 instructional videos with multiple camera angles so you can see exactly what the instructor is doing at all times
- Clear and easy to follow lessons
- For electric guitar players OR acoustic guitar players
- Added computer games and other bonuses for no extra cost that help you further increase your skills and speed up your learning
- Instantaneous download and access
Jamorama is highly respected for their online guitar lessons. It doesn’t matter if you are just beginning guitar or have been playing for awhile.
Their online guitar lessons include 44 chapters of lessons (over 252 pages!) and 148 step-by-step video lessons. Jamorama is one of the most completely comprehensive guitar lesson packages. It covers everything from the very basic techniques for beginners to advanced techniques for those who want to take their guitar playing to the next level.
Out of all of the other guitar lesson packages out there, I highly recommend the Jamorama Ultimate Guitar Learning Kit on the basis that it is so comprehensive and perfect for complete beginners or intermediate players. No matter what your skill level, everything you need to start playing or take your playing to the next level is literally available right at your finger tips. When I went over the Jamorama lessons and videos, I was thoroughly impressed by the level of quality in which the material was taught and demonstrated.
Click here to learn more about Jamorama.
- Over 3 hours of high quality instructional videos on playing lead guitar and rhythm
- Learn the guitar fretboard and how to solo with ease
- Geared more towards electric guitar players
- In depth look at chords, scales, and how they relate in the blues
- Instantaneous download and access
- Not recommended for beginners
Playing Through the Blues is a great lead guitar course if you are wanting to learn to play blues guitar. Griff Hamlin, the guy who teaches it, has had over 20+ years of experience playing guitar. With the course, you learn a lot of really popular blues licks, how those licks fit in the framework of guitar chords, and how to learn the guitar fretboard. The course has over two hours of high quality videos on lead guitar and then another hour and half of video on rhythm guitar. The course does a good job of looking at every angle of the playing the blues. The nice thing is that you don’t really need to know a whole lot of music theory going into it.
I would recommend the Playing Through the Blues guitar course to intermediate or advanced guitar players. This isn’t a good course to start at if you are a beginner. The course requires that you have a good foundation of basic chords and a good sense of rhythm and strumming. This is the only reason I rate the course down. The course is great if you are an intermediate or advanced guitar player who wants to master playing the blues guitar.
Click here to learn more about Playing Through the Blues.
- Learn how to visualize scales over the entire fretboard
- Understand scales as notes instead of just patterns and learn the guitar fretboard
- Increase dexterity, fluidity, and speed in playing lead guitar
- Learn how to improvise and create amazing solos
- Instant access three year membership system
- Variety of exercises to help with learning scales
The Guitar Scale Mastery System is a very focused course on mastering guitar scales. The course is set up as a three year online membership to Craig Bassett’s lessons on guitar scales. He takes you through the system he uses to learn guitar scales so you can increase your understanding of the guitar fretboard and improve on your playing technique and speed.
I recommend the Guitar Scale Mastery System if you are wanting to gain a deeper understanding of guitar scales. You’ll be able to learn some music theory and how to apply scales in a way that allows you to improvise very effortless solos. In my opinion, beginners might have a hard time with this course, but if you have been playing for awhile and want to fully grasp and understand scales, then this course will be of great benefit to you and your progress as a guitar player.
Click here to learn more about the Guitar Scale Mastery System.